YOUR LOCAL DRYER VENT CLEANING SPECIALISTS
Professional Dryer Vent Cleaning Company
Did you know that something as simple as a clothing dryer can be the underlying cause behind extensive property damages? Dryers can often cause fires, which can be fatal as well. Perhaps more shocking is that this damage can be prevented by something as simple as regular cleaning and maintenance. At Green Restoration, we make sure that your system isn’t clogged and will help you maintain smooth and effortless operation to keep your property and family safe.
WHY DOES THE DRYER VENT NEED CLEANING?
Dryer vents can accumulate lint and other debris as the dryer runs, causing them to become jammed. This jamming can eventually lead to fires, and not cleaning the vent can also lead to carbon monoxide accumulation and poisoning. The lint trap in dryers only catches around 25% of the lint, and the rest of it finds its way into the vent system. As the lint builds up in there, the airflow starts to get restricted, and the dryer has to work harder and harder to get the expected results. This causes excessive heat production and can also inflate your electricity bills.
WHEN TO SEEK CLEANING SERVICE?
Wondering when you should seek professional service for your dryer cleaning? Watch out for these telltale signs:
- Laundry is taking an unusually long time to dry
- Clothes are much hotter than usual at the end of a drying cycle
- Clothes are still damp at the end of a drying cycle
- The outdoor wall vent is not opening completely, even when the dryer is in operation
- The dryer is louder than usual when running
- The outside unit of the dryer is very hot
- The dryer is automatically tripping and shutting off, even before the cycle is complete (This means that the dryer has some sort of safety check in it that prevents the dryer from functioning if the temperature is too high or if the current crosses a particular threshold.)
BENEFITS OF TIMELY DRYER VENT CLEANING
We suggest that a dryer vent be inspected every 4 to 12 months. If checking isn’t possible every quarter of a year or so, it is imperative that a clean up be arranged at least once a year to prevent any problems. Benefits of timely dryer vent cleaning include:
- Reduced drying times
- No damp or red-hot clothes at the end of a drying cycle
- Reduced fire risk
- Lower energy usage
- Extended dryer lifespan
- Compliance with required building insurance requirements
WHY CHOOSE GREEN RESTORATION?
Most parts of the dryer are user-serviceable, including the lint trap. However, lint traps typically only catch around 25% of dryer lint. The vent system is not user-serviceable and needs professional handling for cleaning and reinstallation to prevent fires and other hazards. Our dedicated professionals can analyze the entire system, including the dryer, the connected pipes, and vents, to make sure everything is in its optimal condition in under an hour.
At Green Restoration, we can also arrange for periodic cleaning plans for you, so you can sleep without worry as your dryer vent will always be at its best. Call us now at (833) 800-0474 or request a call to get a free dryer vent cleaning quote!