BASEMENT MOLD REMOVAL SERVICES FOR YOUR HOME
Finding and Eliminating Mold in Your Basement
Mold can grow anywhere where there is moisture, oxygen, and organic material. It particularly thrives in damp, humid areas of your home, which is why it is no surprise that basement mold is a common issue for homeowners. Basements are the perfect breeding ground for mold as they are usually dark, damp, and have a temperature of over 40 degrees Fahrenheit. Moreover, basements are not usually properly ventilated, which makes the environment humid and perfectly suitable for basement mold to grow.
CAUSES OF BASEMENT MOLD
Basement mold growth can start and stay alive if the conditions are just right. Some of these conditions can include:
- Excessive moisture in the basement. If your basement has excessive moisture due to leaky foundations or condensation, there is a greater chance of mold growth. Condensation can be caused by appliances stored in the area.
- Leaks in basement pipes. Basements often experience leaks as even the best-laid foundations can face wear and tear. A damaged or faulty foundation can typically cause basement leaks. Basement leaks can also be caused by natural reasons, like when the soil’s water table rises higher than normal underneath a foundation, causing foundation leaks.
- Flash floods. Flash floods can cause excessive amounts of water in the soil against the basement foundation. This typically results in flooding and leaks, which in turn creates moisture, causing basement mold.
- Sump pump failure. You will find a sump pump in almost all basements, the failure of which can result in serious water damage. This failure can be caused by power failure or if the pump is not maintained regularly.
- Water heater failure. Water heaters are typically found in the basement. Even a small leak in the water heater can cause standing water and moisture, which will eventually lead to basement mold.
- Poor ventilation. One of the main causes of condensation is poor ventilation. Condensation creates humidity and moisture build-up, which eventually leads to basement mold.
BASEMENT MOLD PREVENTION
Wondering how you can prevent mold growth in your basement? The following are some tips to help you avoid basement mold and save yourself from mold remediation costs:
- Repair cracks and leaks. It is vital to eliminate any leaking or seepage in your basement walls. Use sealants such as hydraulic cement and epoxy to fill the cracks in the basement walls. Another common issue is leaky pipes, which can occur when pipes are not installed correctly or connected tightly. Inspect your pipes regularly for bad connections or leaks to avoid this problem.
- Use a dehumidifier. Using a dehumidifier in the basement can help reduce humidity levels and avert mold growth. Make sure to invest in a dehumidifier that will be able to work effectively, considering the size of your basement and moisture level.
- Waterproof the outside. Waterproofing the exterior can help prevent mold growth from the inside. French drain systems, grading and gutters systems, and planting shrubbery around your home can soak up excess water and help move water away from your home’s foundation, thus preventing leakage and increased humidity levels inside the basement. Also, keep the gutters free of debris and leaves to prevent clogging.
WHY CHOOSE US?
When dealing with basement mold, a quick and effective response is crucial to protect both your property and your family’s health. When you choose to use us, you can be sure of:
- Fast Response. Our professionals are aware that a fast response helps to lessen the damage and reduces costs, which is why when you contact us, you can be sure of a quick response.
- Highly-trained specialists. Our highly trained and dedicated specialists are experts in basement mold damage restoration and can handle any mold situation safely and efficiently.
- Advanced techniques and latest equipment. Our professionals use the latest equipment to locate the source of basement mold and apply techniques to ensure that the mold never returns. They begin by first restoring the affected area to normal and then proceed to take care of the basement mold odor. At Green Restoration, our aim is to fully restore your home and take steps to avoid recurrences.
GET RID OF BASEMENT MOLD FOR GOOD
When you choose to work with Green Restoration, you can be sure that your satisfaction is our priority. Our commitment to excellence has made it possible for us to ensure minimal basement mold losses and meet every challenge with reliability, professionalism, respect, and compassion. Call us for a basement mold appointment today and start enjoying your basement again!