SUMP PUMP FAILURE RESTORATION PROFESSIONALS
Sump Pump Repair and Restoration Services For Your Home or Business
Whenever sump pumps fail, the damage needs to be fixed as fast as possible. Unfortunately, most homeowners in Connecticut and Westchester County, NY, find out the hard way that their sump pumps failed. The Green Restoration team can help you clean the floods caused by sump pump failure and restore your property to its initial shine, all without harming the environment or your family.
WHY DO SUMP PUMPS FAIL?
The most common sump pump failure causes are:
- Burned out pump motor, usually due to overuse.
- Clogs – Debris or mud can easily jam the sump pump. Also, the discharge pipe can be clogged by waste water.
- Blocked water intake screens.
- Stuck or disconnected float switch.
- Critical component failure, like the drive shaft, float switch, or impeller.
- Trivial accidents like unplugging the sump pump by accident or a blown fuse.
In Connecticut, we often see sump pump failure because of power outages. This can be especially damaging if you are not at home for long periods of time during a vacation or if you travel a lot for work. In this case, water damage can be extensive.
Sump pump failure often creates extensive water damage. Since power outages can often happen during storms, there is always the threat that the pump stops working. Consequently, rainwater will fill the basement.
SUMP PUMP OVERFLOW FLOODED BASEMENT CLEANUP
Basement flooding due to sump pump failures is widespread in Westchester County, NY, and the whole of Connecticut, from Fairfield County to Windham County, especially in excess groundwater areas. The results are always costly because of complicated cleanup projects. In addition, home structural damage or health problems can occur due to the growth of mold.
Green Restoration encourages you to contact us as soon as possible when you see that your sump pump failed so we can remove all damage and ultimately restore the basement, all with the use of completely safe and eco-friendly products.
Although sump pump failure cleanup tasks are complicated, to simplify them, Green Restoration will help you:
- Remove all flood water. This is the most critical step of the process. Most of the flood damage can be mitigated by simply drying the area, but only when there is a small amount of water present. When the flood is severe, we need to use special equipment (100% safe for humans and the environment) to remove as much water as is possible. After the water is removed, the entire affected area has to be dried out. We use dehumidifiers and fans to prevent the forming of mildew and mold.
- Basement cleanup. Remember that floor coverings, walls, carpets, and upholstery are all porous. This means basic cleanup is not enough. As a result, the Green Restoration professionals carefully analyze every single affected part of the basement. We remove everything that cannot be saved. After dry out finishes, we clean everything with the best green products, ranging from salvageable carpet to walls.
- Disinfection. It is very tempting to neglect this part of the sump pump failure cleanup process. But this would be a huge mistake. We always carefully disinfect every single surface in the affected area to prevent future mildew and mold growth.
THE GREEN RESTORATION SUMP PUMP FAILURE CLEANUP GUARANTEE
Keep in mind that the restoration and dry out process can easily take up to several weeks. Green Restoration cleanup professionals will guide you through the entire process. We help you deal with your insurance company and only leave after everything is properly disinfected and deodorized. Contact us today to learn more about our sump pump failure services and how we can help you!