OVERFLOWING TOILET DAMAGE CLEANUP AND RESTORATION
Toilet Overflow Water Removal and Cleanup Company
Every homeowner who has experienced an overflowing toilet understands how important the cleanup process is. However, few know how to take on this task properly. Usually, people just take a mop or some towels and remove some of the standing water. Unfortunately, this is not enough to ensure a damage-free and sanitized environment. Fortunately, Green Restoration cleanup experts can help you to deal with toilet overflow cleanup properly, and we’re available for you in all Connecticut counties and in Westchester County, NY.
COMMON TOILET OVERFLOW CAUSES
In most cases, toilets overflow because of clogs, which appear because of flushing inappropriate items. This includes sanitary products, flush diapers, paper towels, and several other solid items. The most common causes of toilet overflow cleanups are:
- Clogged Toilet Bowls. This can be caused by flushing too much waste or paper.
- Clogged Toilet Traps. Toilets usually use an s-shaped trap. This helps prevent the sewer gasses from coming up the toilet drain.
- Clogged Drain Pipes. Waste tends to get stuck in bends of the drain pipes.
- Clogged Sewer Lines. Non-flushable items tend to build up in the sewer line. Several other associated problems can appear, like gurgling drains or backed-up sinks.
- Low Flow Toilets. Although they can save water, many have problems with flushing items down the drain.
- Toilet Problems. This includes issues like broken tank floats and stuck handles.
HOW TO CLEAN TOILET OVERFLOW
In the case of toilet overflow, Green Restoration officially recommends that you turn off the water supply as soon as possible. This is the most important thing you can do to reduce potential water damage. In the event that the overflow is large or several hours have passed since the incident happened, contact a professional as soon as possible. In the meantime, you can try to mop up as much standing water as possible. You can also use a plunger to try to unclog the toilet if you think that is the cause of the issue.
CONTACT A PROFESSIONAL TO PROPERLY CLEAN TOILET OVERFLOWS
Following the recommendations above can take care of most overflown toilets, but it is always a good idea to contact cleanup experts in order to prevent water damage, mold growth, and more. In most cases, the clog can be cleared by the homeowner with a plunger. However, the same cannot be said about bacteria and leftover water. Certified Green Restoration toilet overflow cleanup professionals will eliminate all standing water, dry everything, and make sure no moisture remains behind. We will sanitize every affected area to make sure it’s safe for you and your family. If you want the toilet overflow to be cleaned appropriately, contact us now!