SEWAGE CLEANING AND RESTORATION SPECIALISTS
Backed Up Sewage Damage Remediation
Any sewage backup is a worrying incident that can lead to drastic daily life disruption. Various sanitation issues and health hazards can appear. It is actually quite common in all Connecticut counties and in Westchester County, NY, to see serious personal injury caused by inadequately cleaned up sewage backups. When you need sewage backup cleaning work done, timing is very important. Everything has to be handled efficiently and quickly. When sewage spills to other parts of the home, residents have to be evacuated, the water supply and the power supply have to be closed, and professionals have to be contacted. This includes plumbers and experienced cleanup specialists. Based on how severe the situation is, you can take some steps to salvage your belongings, limit damage, and even handle at least a part of the problem. Just remember that sewage cleanup is always dangerous and laborious.
WHAT TO DO RIGHT AFTER A SEWAGE BACKUP
Before you contact us, it is important to take precautionary measures. This includes:
- Evacuating all seniors, children and pets. They should not come back until the entire affected area is fully restored to a safe condition.
- Contacting utility companies when it is impossible to shut off the water, gas, and electricity to the home. When the spill is small, and you can quickly turn off the water and power supply, do so, but wear all appropriate protective equipment.
- Opening all windows to ventilate the area thoroughly.
- Remove as many of the uncontaminated items as possible and dry them.
- Add a small quantity of chlorine bleach to the standing water. Such a step helps a lot because it ensures at least some disinfection while also preventing the spreading of bacteria.
- Notify the insurance company about the sewage backup. Also, it helps to take pictures of both the spill and the items or structural materials damaged. The more pictures you take, the better, since they are needed as proof for the eventual insurance claim.
- Contact us at Green Restoration, a green, eco-friendly company with many water damage repair experts.
Never try to unclog drains first. Sewage water must be first removed. Only after can you address spill causes.
WHEN TO CONTACT GREEN RESTORATION WATER REPAIR SPECIALISTS
Remember that professional sewage backup cleanup is always recommended. However, we have to emphasize that it is absolutely mandatory if:
- The sewage spill was not confined to one room.
- The sewage backup happened over one day ago.
- The sewage spill was caused by a septic tank or sewer backup.
- The sewage water came into contact with the air conditioning system because professional duct cleaning will surely be needed.
- Any person living in the home has health concerns that could potentially be aggravated by wastewater contaminants.
RESTORATION MADE EASY
Green Restoration takes care of your home and the environment. It is our mission to protect your property, and we are delighted to come to your home at any hour to help you properly take care of sewage backup cleanups. We’re available in all Connecticut counties and in Westchester County, NY with a simple phone call. Contact us today!