APPLIANCE LEAK CLEANUP AND RESTORATION SPECIALISTS
Leaking Refrigerators, Freezers, Washing Machines, and More
We rely on hot water heaters, refrigerators, washing machines, and dishwashers to make our life simpler. However, when an appliance breaks down, our life quickly becomes more complicated. The leaking appliance needs to be repaired by a third-party professional. This is always the first step because if the leak is not stopped, it keeps causing water damage. After repairing the appliance, you need prompt, professional cleanup – and Green Restoration can help.
EFFECTS OF AN APPLIANCE LEAK
A failure to contact leaking appliance cleanup specialists can lead to serious problems. This includes:
- Mold growth
- Weakened flooring or walls
- Rotting wood
- Damaged rugs or carpets
- Lingering, unpleasant odors
THE MOST COMMON CAUSES OF APPLIANCE LEAKS
There are many things that can cause an appliance to leak. The appliances that are most likely to have this problem are:
- Dishwashers. A simple drain leak will cause the growth of bacteria inside the line. In addition, the appliance’s supply line undertakes really heavy water pressure, which means it may give out. When this happens, the overflow is not a simple leak. It is a flood that damages the floor.
- Refrigerators. When too much pressure builds up inside the appliance’s supply line, especially when the unit contains an ice maker or a water dispenser, the pipe can easily burst. This can cause a severe leak. Refrigerators can also leak from their base, which can encourage unseen mold growth.
- Washing Machines. Hoses in the washing machine are pressurized. When there’s a tear or a crack, the area around the appliance can quickly flood. This leads to water damage and even mold growth in the walls close to the washing machine.
IMPORTANT THINGS TO KNOW ABOUT LEAKING APPLIANCES CLEANUP
You’re in great hands with a professional, but there are a few things you’ll want to keep in mind if you’re ever faced with the problem of a leaking appliance. Don’t forget:
- Always React Fast. When water damage appears, you need to react immediately because it is impossible to predict when the situation may grow worse. As soon as you see signs of a leak, shut off the appliance’s water supply and contact a professional.
- Gray Water is Dangerous. A huge problem with appliance leaks is that they lead to flooding with gray water damage, which is filled with bacteria and other contaminants. This water is dangerous for humans and pets. The regular homeowner does not have the equipment needed to deal with gray water damage and properly protect against the risk of becoming ill.
- Contacting an Expert is Key. If an appliance leaks, the water damage will continue getting worse and worse. If you attempt to perform the fix alone, there is a very high possibility you will miss vital steps that are needed to keep you and your family safe.
GET GREEN RESTORATION, GET MOLD GONE
When you deal with any water damage incident, a bucket and a mop are not enough. Professional help is required to help you restore your home properly. Green Restoration is more than capable of helping you deal with possible contamination and standing water. Eco-friendly, green water damage restoration services are available in Connecticut and Westchester County, NY. Contact Green Restoration now for a free quote.